Saturday, February 11, 2006

Inspiration - From Where I Stand

Not that I need an excuse to rave about how beautiful where I live is (especially when the day is so absolutely gorgeously sunny as it is today), but I've been inspired by the Cocktail blog to do just that once again.

While I may not always love my country, I adore my land! All these pictures are either from my property or from the country within a reasonable distance from where I live.

I'd love to get a proper camera with more control over focus and filters and such, not to mention learn how to use it. While I know so little about photography, I've always loved to take pictures of landscapes and such. Some pictures I just can't get to come out at all. I think I will hunt down a college course on photography and learn how, then someday get myself a nice camera. Until then, my old little digital will do (and really, doesn't do a half bad job)


These are all pictures that I took today just standing on my property:




Here are some pictures from a few years ago when I hiked up into the mountains with my aunt and uncle. Such beautiful area!

By the way, this is really hard trying narrow down the pictures I put on here, so many are so beautiful, and limiting them for the sake of people loading the page is really a lesson in self-control!



Actually, ya know.. I've decided I don't want to limit myself, so rather than kill all your browsers with a huge amount of photos, I'm gonna link to my photobucket account so you can see them all and just leave a few 'token' pictures here.

So here is my photobucket account.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Imp said...

If I ever get to the US (which, considering our financial future, seems more and more unlikely), but IF I ever get to the US, I'd like to come visit you.

For quite a while. :D

I could camp out there in them thar hills!

3:45 PM  
Blogger elengil said...

Oh yes.. do come visit, stay for month, we'll go hiking and I'll show you some of those places first-hand.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home