Sunday, April 23, 2006

A Perfect Day

Up with the noon sun to make a pot of licorice and lavender tea. Breakfast at 1:00 with the pot of tea I made an hour ago, now cold. Beautiful music.

Gardening in the sun of the afternoon, a cool shower afterwards, and a cat sleeping lazily on my lap. More beautiful music.

Now all I need to do is snuggle into bed with a good book and my day will be complete.

Unfortunately, I have to do laundry for tomorrow, clean up the mess I made with my seed packets, empty the litter box, do the dishes, and make dinner.

But until then... today will remain a perfect day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Imp said...

Comfortable and tranquil. :)

I'm going to have a day just like that one as soon as I get over the mountain of stuff that needs doing before my daughter's bat mitzvah.

And then...well, then, I'm going to sleep in an armchair in front of the fire.

Yep.

8:22 PM  
Blogger elengil said...

mazel tov to your daughter, darling (huggles)

And yes, mmmmmmm I need to get a fireplace ;)

10:49 AM  
Blogger tooners said...

You write beautifully.... very calm and serene. I long for that type of day. The tea sounds delish!

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home