Saturday, May 06, 2006

Apology

I'm sorry I didn't tell you how I felt before it was too late.
I'm sorry that I hurt you because I was thoughtless and unkind
I'm sorry that I can't just let it go and move on
I pray there's forgiveness to find

If only I had said something, maybe things would have been different
If only I had said nothing, maybe I wouldn't feel like shit
If only I had let it go, maybe I'd not be crying now
So I guess this is what I get

I can't go back to before
I can't take back what I said
I can't stop crying
Or stop the accusations in my head

I guess next time I should just say something
Next time I should just shut up
Next time maybe I just won't care at all
With a heart of stone and a poison cup

5 Comments:

Blogger tooners said...

very nice poem. i really liked the last stanza. i wrote poetry... i like your style.

5:25 AM  
Anonymous imp said...

Elengil, it has been a long while since I last saw you.
Be well.

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Mudblood said...

That was a beautiful poem. I hope the pain inside has subsided and you are able to move past it now.

I can relate to that on an epic scale.

*hugs*

8:59 AM  
Blogger elengil said...

Feeling much better today. :D

Thanks everybody.

11:43 AM  
Blogger tooners said...

i enjoy reading your blog. your poetry is beautiful. i can relate to you.

hope to see you posting soon.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home