Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Fire Never Burns Itself

"it's like you are teaching me how to feel again"

...that... has got to be one of the most beautiful things anyone has ever said to me.

What do you say to that? Thank you? That falls so short. You're welcome??? It was never my goal, because how can someone even try to envision a goal like that?

Mostly, I'm overwhelmed that someone has found such a spark in me that has in turn ignited them.

...

The fire never burns itself. Maybe that is why. The fire doesn't know that it is hot. It just exists as it was meant to be... would that I could warm everyone around me with it.

I look at myself and sometimes marvel at the things that people ascribe to me. To me, I'm just... me. Nothing special, really. And yet then someone says something like that and I just sit and wonder.

People call me 'angel'. People call me 'blessing.' People call me 'friend.' Sometimes I feel so unworthy of any of these titles. Sometimes I am unworthy of them. Perhaps that is why I feel so utterly humbled. Because I know all the reasons I'm not worthy, but they see the reasons I am.

Maybe that is why they see me as such: Because I see all the reasons they are worthy, even if they see only the reasons they aren't.

I, too, have had angels in my life, and blessings, and friends. Each blows me away. One of these days, I'll spread my wings and be lifted away in that wind.

I hope to truly be even a tenth of what people see in me. But what I have, I only pray that I can pass on to others. What good is having fire if you freeze to death for lack of its use?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Cemmie said...

I know the feeling....

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Mudblood said...

Your words do have healing powers
Though the extent you do not know
We can all see the light in you
And from there we can only grow

You may not feel worthy or special
But to most you truly are
You are the angel who looks out for us
Even from afar

So continue as you were
Be yourself and always be
That is the person I know and love -
That is who you are to me.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Solice said...

wow! You're good at expressing things that I feel but dont seem able to express Zahrah

I'm envious of your talent. Love the blog.

*waves* HI

8:01 PM  
Blogger tooners said...

it always marvels me at how someone can see something in me that i'm unable to see. words like these shouldn't be taken lightly... it's always humbling to receive such powerful messages, and, like you, i wouldn't know what to say. but i think you said everything quite nicely.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The fire never burns itself" but some people just get burned by the fire.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home