Monday, June 05, 2006

I'm a Snap Dragon!

Yep, that's mine! Their Excellencies presented this to me Saturday. My friends are far too skilled at keeping the secret!

For those who can not read that little picture, it says
Let it be known that Fatima al-Zahrah bint Khalid has worked dilligently and is therefore greatly deserving of award. Thus their name has been added to the rolls of the Snap Dragon of Dragons Laire this 3rd of June, AS 41.

*grin*

I was called up in court much without my knowledge and was shaking! LOL I guess I was sorta nervous, Baron Cedric had to extract his fingers from my hand once. *giggle*

Anyway. For those who are now utterly *clueless* what I'm on about here (or possibly just what I'm on) I am a member of the Society for Creative Anacronism, my society name is as mentioned above, and I got a service award for one of the Baronies in my area for.. uh.. service. Yeah. :)

The weekend was truly a wonderful one, it was good to get out of the house and be among friends new and old. The weather was perfect for it. The fighting was well fought. The food, delicious.

All in all, it was a fabulous weekend, and I can't wait to do it again, as always.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Mud said...

YAY! *dances*

Congrats!

- Mud

8:32 AM  
Blogger elengil said...

*grin*

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And there are RUNES on that parchment!

:D

Looks like such fun! I wish I'd got involved with those kind of activities when I was less weighed down with responsibility.

Zahra, eh? So now I know.

8:02 PM  
Blogger elengil said...

... *pokes annonymous commenter*

and who might you be, hmmmm?? o.O

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Imp said...

Erk. Anonymous was me! Sorry about that...I thought I'd filled in all the right fields, but obviously I hadn't.

8:03 PM  
Blogger elengil said...

lol (((huggles Imp)))

I've done that before ;)

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Cemmie said...

Coolness.

You didn't tell me about that.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Aodhan an Chalaidh said...

*snickers*

Yeah, thats not the only good thing that happened t'her that weekend.

11:32 AM  
Blogger elengil said...

*whistles oooh so innocently*

10:41 PM  
Blogger Aodhan an Chalaidh said...

*chuckles and kisses her on the nose* What, we WERE innocent..

Silly Zarhah.

*wanders off singing the Zarhah Zarhah song (to Llama Llama)*

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home